Sunday, March 22, 2020

Week 295

Sunday, March 22, 2020 thru Saturday, March 28, 2020


Sunday, March 22, 2020

As promised, here's the pictures of the finished project I started yesterday...
Looking back on the cubbies.
Now all the light bulbs are stored in the cubbies which leaves room for the spray cans.

Now doesn't that look so much neater?

Monday, March 23, 2020


This week's project is to begin work on GLOBAL 2.
Global 2 is located just west of Proviso Yard and east of the I-294/I-290 overpass.

I've picked out the switches to use and layed them out at their proper locations.

Now it's time to cut the cork track base.

After cutting the cork track base it's time to glue them down.

Once in place and the glue doing it's job, it's time to weight it down and wait for the morning.

Another view of the finished work done today.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

After the glue dried, I removed the weights and this is what it looks like before laying the track.


Now it's time to lay the track back down and put it in place.

First I used the Atlast Code 100 flext track I purchased at the train show a few months ago.
But I came up with a better idea...

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

You can't see it here, but instead of using the nickel code 100 track I used the old flex track I had from my previous layouts.
Why did I do that?
Most of the time these tracks will be used to store the well-cars so I didn't feel the need to have great conductor rails.

Thursday, March 26, 2020

It turns out I'm going to need the full sheet of cork board so I had to remove the wedge sticking out at the base.
This shows the weight on the repaired section of cork board. I'll need to wait the rest of the day to finish this part.

Now that we have the details ironed out it's time to go back to laying track.

Another view BEFORE laying the track.

Finding the right size flex track to put in place.

Lining the track with a straight edge to make sure they are parallel and straight.

Once again, so many tools and equipment on the layout for every project.

Friday, March 27, 2020

I finished the parallel tracks and now the curved section.
I'll tackle that project tomorrow.

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Here are the tracks layed out and spiked down.

Another view.

As I thought about the trucks going in and out of the yard, I thought I needed to extend the cork to the south.

So I went back and brought back some cork and cut it to fit and started glueing it down.

Here's the last section with the glue on the "floor" and the cork ready to be put in place.

Everything in place and ready for the weights to keep it all in place.

Now I need to wait until the weights do their job.
We'll see how it looks in the morning.

Looking from afar at all the tools and equipment around the project area.


No comments:

Post a Comment