Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Week 293

Sunday, March 8, 2020 thru Saturday, March 14, 2020

Sunday, March 8, 2020

No Train Activity

Monday, March 9, 2020

I'm going to MOVE all of this stuff to the train room to prepare for the Powder River Basin in Wyoming.

As I move more stuff from here, the train room gets more stuff.
See pictures below to see it grow...

All the top stuff is just about gone.

Only thing remains is what's on the floor.


I'm going to move that too!

Here's the top shelf stuff from the Powder River Basin area.


Adding more stuff.

Now just need to add the stuff from the floor.


The final move from the Powder River Basin to the Train Room.
2x4s now in the train floor which came from the Powder River Basin floor.

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Hard to tell what I did unless I point it out.
I moved the two lights pointing down from over the chairs to over the work area.
Better use of the lighting.

Taking a video of all the stuff that was moved from the other room...
Length: 00:00:27 sec.

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Dean Hatzis brought his Metra Maintenance Shop with him today to put in place.
Check out this beauty...
I'll see if I can insert a prototype picture here to compare.
Black roof.

[Insert Prototype Picture Here]

Gray roof.
Which do you choose?
We picked the gray.

Back dock.

Front loading dock.

Testing clearances.
All clear!

Hey Cam!

Yeah, you!
That's what I'm talkin' about.

Dean Hatzis discussing our plans for the Powder River Basin in Wyoming.
More to come...

Cam had fun in the train room and then started to run the Train Simulator.

Here's my operations plan for the Powder River Basin.
I'll do a quick video soon to show how I plan to move trains in and out of the Powder River Basin in Wyoming.

Thursday, March 12, 2020

After seeing how poorly the trains ran yesterday, I decided today to clean the California Avenue Metra Maintenance Tracks...
I tried to capture the shimmering rails.

I'm anxious to get the buildings in place so I can finish ballasting the maintenance yard tracks.

One more view of the California Avenue Metra Maintenance Yard.

Friday, March 13, 2020

I started laying the switches for the power plant yard but lost the pictures to prove it.
Dang!

Saturday, March 14, 2020

I'm so focused on the coal loads that now I'm finally moving into the Industrial Park and putting in tracks for the Power Plant. The coal loads need to have a place to go. As you know, I've also completed plans for adding Powder River Basin in Wyoming as soon as Dean returns from the COVID-19 precautions.

Here is the progress on the storage tracks for the coal loads at the Power Plant...
Adding the flex track. Each track holds 6 cars for a total of 24 cars in this yard.
I plan on running 30 length unit trains so the remaining 6 cars will fit on the other side of the power plant.

Filling the gaps between the bumper stops and the long sections of flex track.

DONE with this side.
Now on to the other side...

See next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment