Thursday, June 27, 2019

Week 256

Week 256

Sunday, June 23, 2019 thru Saturday, June 29, 2019


Sunday, June 23, 2019

Today I took one hour out of my schedule and reworked the RIP tracks.
Here's what I did...
First, I had to remove the Snap Switch which is a 18 degree radius.
Too much!

Removing the Snap Switch and installing the #6 right hand primary switch off the mainline will move all the tracks to the left.

I had to move the secondary switch closer to the main.

Next, I added the tertiary switch.

Then I had to line up the switches to the RIP repair shop and the holding test track under the bridge.

Same picture different view.

Here's the view from the mainline.

Adding the ground throws to their new locations.

Finished product.

Same picture different view.

Monday, June 24, 2019

Train Day!
with Rob Fair and Jordan Osborn
6-7:30pm 1.5 hrs.
Rob Fair will work on the Union Station lighting project.

Jordan Osborn will main the control tower and offer assistance as needed.

Rob Fair getting into the guts of Union Station.

Jordan Osborn and I worked on re-gluing some items to the condominium skyscraper.

Showing off the lights, oh oh, can't see with the flash.
Take it again without the flash.

OK, here you go.
Without the flash.

And from the front of Union Station.

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

NTA


Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Action footage of the unit coal train.
Length: 00:00:30 sec.

The Unit Coal train curing through the West and South Power Districts.


Cam Passaglia and Jordan Osborn having fun running trains.


Thursday, June 27, 2019

Widening the mainline track at Oak Park Marion St. / Lombard Stations Stop
Since the new station platform was too large for the existing mainline track, I needed to extend the mainline a bit.
First thing to do was to put another layer of cork on the outside of the track.
Here the clamps are securing the cork to the glue for overnight setting.

Another perspective - opposite direction.
Tomorrow I'll take another picture with the clamps removed and the extension shown more clearly.

Friday, Jnne 28, 2019

More work on Oak Park / Lombard station stop and widening the mainlines to make room for the new station platform.

I had to extend the outer mainline and add a piece track to make it happen.
See tomorrow's blog entry.

Saturday, June 29, 2019

Finishing 3 day Project:
After adding the mainline cork now it's time to put in the track extension.

At first, I thought all I thought I needed was about this much more space.

However, after testing the clearance, I needed to spread the mainline a bit more...

...so this is the piece I had to install to make the clearance work.

Here's the test car in place.
The commuter coach was also used as a test car (out of sight).


No comments:

Post a Comment