Sunday, June 2, 2019

Week 253

Week 253


Sunday, June 2, 2019 thru Saturday, June 8, 2019


Sunday, June 2, 2019

I worked on the RR for about 30 minutes tonight.
My main goal was to map out the tracks for both UP & CNW Engine Facilities.
After drawing out the plans I figured there were 6 tracks per Engine Facility.
So I'll use three 4 flip selection boxes to block out the 12 tracks.
When the switch is flipped up it will be "ON".
Down position will be the "OFF" position.

Monday, June 3, 2019

Train Day!
w/Rob Fair and Jordan Osborn 6-7:30pm 1.5 hrs.
Here's what we did...
Jordan Osborn gets comfortable in his Captain's Chair.
Or should I say Engineer's Chair.

I forgot to hide the underneath wires on the overpass.
Rob Fair will tackle this project tonight.

We'll cover the wires in a plastic tube aka straw.

While Rob Fair works on that, I'll go over and mount the switch boxes.

Rob finished the overpass wire project and now we're on to laying out the street sections in downtown Chicago.

Also doing some work at the bus stop.

We've got all the parts, now we'll need to trim the one section to make it fit.
Maybe I'll try to get that done this week.

Back to Rob's finished product.

This is what the underneath parts of the overpass looks like if you're standing below it.
I noticed from these  pictures I have a little more trim painting to do on the bottom of the support columns.

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

I'm getting ready to wire these up.
Note the holes on the top where the wires from the 12 tracks will enter to make the switch.



Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Train Day!

w/Cameron Passaglia and Jordan Osborn (4-5:30pm 1.5 hrs.)

Settling in for a night of running trains.

Jordan Osborn was way too tired to run trains tonight, so Cameron did instead.
Intermodal leaving Proviso on it's way to Global 1
Length: 00:00:30 sec.
Cameron Passaglia
staying focused on the job at hand.

Intermodal put away at Global 1.
Unit Coal Train

Length: 00:00:27 sec.

And finally, our last look at the Metra Commuter running through Proviso Yard.

Thursday, June 6, 2019

NTA


Friday, June 7, 2019

Worked from 2:30-4pm 1.5 hours today...
First I added some concrete  slabs to the Maintenance Shop.

Also added some roof details.

Finished painting the exposed parts under the overpass.
BEFORE

AFTER

Then I painted the through route on the ground throw switches.

Finally, I began work on the concrete around the bus terminal.

I figured out what the layout would look like. 

Now just need to cut out the back and sides.
Tomorrow!



Saturday, June 8, 2019

worked from 1-2pm 1 hr. today.

I'll finish up the concrete work at the bus terminal.

Ready for Rob to secure it down on Monday.

Added some details at the maintenance shop.

Including some weathering.

Prepared Jackson street for sidewalks and street work scheduled for Monday.

The finished bus terminal.

Oops! Sidewalk buckling on Canal St. near Chicago Terminal.
BEFORE

AFTER

Final detail added today was two trees in front of the Maintenance Building.





No comments:

Post a Comment