Sunday, February 24, 2019

Week 239

Sun, Feb 24, 2019 thru Sat, Mar 2, 2019

Sun, Feb 24, 2019

Before heading to Chicago I worked on Chicago North for about 1 hour.
Here I'm preparing to cut and then glue down the "asphalt".


Getting each section cut out.

Cut out complete, now it's time to weigh it down for the glue to set overnight.

Mon, Feb 25, 2019

Train Day!
w/Rob Fair 6-8pm 2 hrs.
I got up this morning to glue in the final section. This will set all day and then I'll remove the weights tonight for Train Night.

Rob Fair came tonight and we glue the LED bridge lights back in place.

The LED are facing down.
They should be facing out.

After fixing the LED strips, Rob Fair began cutting out the sidewalks for Chicago North.

I stayed back in Chicago and will work on the piping from north to south.

First, I'll paint the face of the bridge.

Next I'll cut up the sprues and make the piping.

I'll try to get a close up shot of the work I did tonight, but this shot really shows the sidewalk pieces Rob Fair worked on tonight.

Tue, Feb 26, 2019

I had some time to work on the RR where we left off yesterday...
I removed the "pipes" and layed them out to be glued at their joints.

Look closely and you can see the spikes that hold up the "pipes" on the bridge facia.

I flipped over the "pipes" and glued the other side at the joints.
I'll need them to set overnight before I pick them up again.
Hopefully they'll be set so I can trim off excess plastic on the "pipes".
I tried to do that but accidently broke one of the joints, so now I'm waiting until morning to install them.

Wed, Feb 27, 2019

Train Day!

w/Dean Hatzis, Cam Passaglia (4-5:15pm 1.25 hrs.) & Jordan Osborn (4-5pm 1 hr.)

First thing this morning I went to the train room and painted the "pipes".
I will install these on the bridge facia tonight during our train session this afternoon.

Jordan Osborn and Cam Passaglia prepare for the day.

Cam is using his "torch" to spot check the lean in the intermodal cars.
Cam does a great job getting into the details...

Here he moves into position to get a good overhead view.

Dean Hatzis works on removing the fascia trim to install a piece of plexi-glass that will protect 25th Avenue bridge.

Dean Hatzis secures a 2x4 filler piece that will bring out the facia trim.

Jordan Osborn is preparing to depart for game time at home.
He leaves the engineer duties to a very relaxed and confident  Jr. Engineer, Cameron Passaglia.

Cam keeps his eye on the intermodal train.
We had multiple "issues" with this train tonight.

Cam's trouble shooting intermodal train.
Length: 00:00:09 sec.

Cam points out the exact location of this particular issue.

The first photo this morning shows the painted "pipes".
Here are those same pipes now installed on the bridge facia.

Thu, Feb 28, 2019

Time to glue down those "floating" sidewalks...

Lots of weights at various points to allow the glue to set in place.

Once glue set, it's time to paint the sidewalks their concrete color.

Painted

Finished product.
Now it's time to cut out the sidewalks for the middle section.

Fri, Mar 1, 2019

Flying to Boston MA for Richie Kaknes wedding to Kelsey Burke

Sat, Mar 2, 2019

Today is the wedding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment