Sunday, February 10, 2019

Week 237

Sunday, February 10, 2019 thru Saturday, February 16, 2019


Sunday, February 10, 2019
Train Show today at DuPage Co. Fairgrounds, Wheaton IL
Here's what I purchased today at the Train Show in Wheaton IL
4 semi-truck trailers $12
2 intermodal trailers $10
soft white LED cable lights & EOTD & terminal blocks $30
intermodal car and 2 trailers $40
box car $10
iron fence for Melrose Park $12
Total: $114

Taking one more trip around the layout with foot markers before I remove them...
Chicago to Geneva 3rd Street.
Length: 00:00:28 sec.

From Geneva Station to Elevated tracks half way to Oak Park / Lomabard
Length: 00:00:35 sec.

Elevated Track to 25th Avenue.
Length: 00:00:29 sec.

End of first round trip
Length: 00:00:28 sec.


Monday, February 11, 2019
Train Day!
w/Rob Fair and Jordan Osborn (6-7:30pm 1.5 hrs.)
Jordan Osborn at the controls.

Running a mixed test freight.

Rob Fair working on the guard rails at the Melrose Park Metra Station.

These are the initial guard rails Rob put up.
Since they were curved we decided to put in straight instead so these had to be removed.

Length: 00:00:31 sec.


Jordan Osborn making a point.

Ending the evening with some train discussion.

Here are the newly installed guard rails.
These are more prototypically correct.

And the other side as well.

Rob also trimmed down the hyper extended trim pieces.
Soon I will paint/stain the exposed balsa wood.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019
No train activity today.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019
Train Day!
w/Dean Hatzis, Jordan Osborn & Cam Passaglia (4-5:30pm 1.5 hrs.)
Jordan Osborn said, "This is my happy face."

Dean Hatzis has to think about that one.
Cameron Passaglia in the back ground.

Dean Hatzis will trim out the ledges for the drop down road pieces.

I caught Cameron as the steam engine brought power over the dead track and made the lights go on in the diesel engines.
I didn't know I captured this when I took the picture.
Surprise!

Dean Hatzis putting the finishing touches on the ledges.

More training at Central Control Tower.

Length: 00:00:22 sec.


Cameron Passaglia is a quick study.
At the controls in his second session.
Actually his third session if you count the time his dad was here working on the furnace and Cam and I ran trains.

Cameron Passaglia using the stick to couple and uncouple the train.
See what I mean about a quick study?

Thursday, February 14, 2019
Update log.

Friday, February 15, 2019
Day off, time to work on the RR (9-10:30am 1.5 hrs.)
I decided to work on the fill pieces for Milwaukee Ave and Fulton Street in Chicago North.
Here you can see I'm getting ready to trim the end of the east fill piece.

East fill piece in place.
You can tell by the leftovers I had to do a bit more trimming than I expected.

Now I'm going to extend the west piece fill and divide it into two pieces since one piece just wouldn't fit in place without dismantling the whole scene.

Trimming each separate piece.

There they are in place.
You can see the two sections I had to split up so they'd fit into the opening.

I put in a few buildings to give the scene a  little more detail.
See the Lake Street Tower?
I'll need to lower that down a bit. The roof line should match the roof lines of the buildings across the street.

Saturday, February 16, 2019
No train activity today.

No comments:

Post a Comment