Saturday, November 10, 2018

Week 224

Sun, Nov 11, 2018 thru Sat, Nov 17, 2018

Sun, Nov 11, 2018

Train Show DuPage County Fairgrounds
Wheaton IL
I bought this caboose from the Cardiff family (daughter) at the DuPage Co. Fairgrounds
Great Train Show, Wheaton IL
Cost: $10

I also bought the rolling stock and covered hopper for $5 a piece.
Jordan donated the money to pay for these two pieces of rolling stock.
Thanks Jordan!

Here's the summary of today's activity.
I also brought a tub of Lionel accessories that one of the dealers bought from me for $10.
That's the $10 I used to buy the caboose.
Jordan provided the other $10 to buy the box car and covered hopper.
My final $7 left in my wallet was used for entry into the train show.

Mon, Nov 12, 2018

Train Day!
Rob Fair, Josh Jones & Jordan Osborn
6-7:30pm 1.5 hrs.
Jordan Osborn bought a cane at the Train Show yesterday.
Today, it looks like a good fit for Josh Jones and his "old man" ways.

We passed on cutting the plexiglass tonight.
ACE hardware said they'd cut the glass so I'll try their skills this week.
Instead, we tried to tackle the changes to be made in the GE AC6000 locomotive.
Rob Fair begins the process to remove the outer shell.

Rob Fair did overcome the challenge and removed the shell.
Not without a lot of prying and trying.

Here's a side view of the "guts" of the AC6000.

We still managed to have some fun, but didn't get a lot done.

Tue, Nov 13, 2018

No train activity today.

Wed, Nov 14, 2018

Train Day!
Ed Nelson, Josh Jones & Jordan Osborn
4-5:30pm 1.5 hours
Ed Nelson getting things ready to build the mock-up for CNW Powerhouse.

After I changed the plastic wheel sets to metal wheel sets, Josh Jones and Jordan Osborn ran the test train over the mainline.


Jordan Osborn checking in with his conductor.

Josh Jones making sure everything is in order with the test train.

Ed Nelson and I finished the mock-up of the CNW powerhouse.

Another view - CNW Powerhouse.
Note: Test Train zipping by on the mainline in the background.

Thu, Nov 15, 2018

No train activity today.

Fri, Nov 16, 2018

I went in late to work today so I got some behind-the-scene work done this morning.
First, I printed out more Rolling Stock Inspection Reports.
I also organized the three-ring binder into numeric order by car number.

I also sent two emails.
The first to Digitrax asking why the locomotives stop and start intermittently on the layout.
This is their email response with their solution.

I also captured the problem with the GE AC6000 BLI locomotive.
It's an ongoing saga and I'm still waiting for their response.

Sat, Nov 17, 2018

No train activity today.
LoL Men's Retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment