Monday, April 23, 2018

Week 195

Week 195

Sunday, April 22, 2018 thru Saturday, April 28, 2018

Sunday, April 22, 2018
No train activity today.

Monday, April 23, 2018
Train Day!
with Rob Fair, Jordan Osborn, Josh Jones
It was a marathon tonight for Curt and Rob (2.5 hrs)
Josh became ill at the 1.5 hr. mark.

I wanted to finish the lights at Union Station and that's exactly what we did.

Check this out...
Rob Fair begins the LED light installation on the ceiling of the Union Station Track Terminal

Jordan Osborn reviews the paperwork while Josh Jones controls the train.
What train? But he sure looks good, doesn't he?

Rob Fair continues the solder job on the LED light project.

It's always a surprise when the lights actually work!

Josh Jones and Jordan Osborn work on the traffic lights around Union Station in downtown Chicago.

Meanwhile, Rob Fair continues around the table working on the LED platform lights.

Rob Fair works on the junction.

I wanted to capture some of the soldering action.
Here you go...
Length: 00:00:19 sec.

Lighting almost complete.


Lighting now complete.

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

Tuesday, April 24, 2018
No train activity today.


Wednesday, April 25, 2018
Train Day!
Just Jordan Osborn and me today, from 3:30-5:30pm
I got up early to prepare for the afternoon session.

Here's a video of the project:
Length: 00:00:30 sec.


I'm starting to lay the white glue around the edges of the LED light strip.

Here you can see how I've glued down the connecting wires.

It took about 30 minutes.

Finishing up.

Since Dean couldn't come and Ed got busy Jordan came over early.
Jordan Osborn and I figured out how to symbol the traffic signals around Union Station.


I'm ready for painting.

Starting down the middle.

More than half way there.

DONE!
It's ready for flipping as soon as I glue in the people on the platform below.
Ethan Toomire stopped by and we laid out the figures.
Once section is for the Amtrak passengers.
The other section in the foreground is for the Metra Commuters.

Thursday, April 26, 2018
No train activity today.


Friday, April 27, 2018
No train activity today.


Saturday, April 28, 2018
My grandson, Josiah, loves trains.
We had a sleepover last night and today we spent some time playing trains.
Check out these pics and video...
Josiah was genuinely interested in watching the trains on the monitors and in person.

He's usually pretty active, but when he watches the trains he's very intent.
Check out this video and you'll see what I mean.
Length: 00:00:27 sec.

After Natalie and Josiah went home I returned to the layout and finished a couple of projects.
I drilled the hole for the station clock.

I also drilled the hole for the Track Boxes.
These will identify the track and the schedule for each line.

Finally, I prepared the people for placement.
Walkers, runners, and standers.

No comments:

Post a Comment