Thursday, April 19, 2018

Week 194

Week 194

Sunday, April 15, 2018 thru Saturday, April 21, 2018

Sunday, April 15, 2018
I started working on the building bases and sidewalks for downtown Melrose Park



Monday, April 16, 2018
TRAIN DAY!
Rob Fair wasn't able to come tonight, but Jordan Osborn did come and we ran some trains.
Engineer Jordan Osborn preparing for his shift.

Length: 00:00:29 sec.

Length: 00:00:21 sec.

Third Street Crossing two UP SD40-2 leading an intermodal around the bend.

2nd lead engine passes by as the intermodal train rounds the corner at 3rd Street Geneva.

Length: 00:00:11 sec.

After the intermodal train passed by I took to the sky and shot this bird's-eye view of Global 1.

Tuesday, April 17, 2018
No train activity today.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Train Day!
Josh Jones (1.5) came with Dean Hatzis (1) followed by me (1.5) then Jordan Osborn (1.25) and finally Ed Nelson (1)

We worked pretty hard tonight and accomplished the following...
Josh Jones and Jordan Osborn prepare for what lies ahead.

Dean Hatzis and "the pose" -
"Don't mess with me."

We'll finish the final trim piece tonight.
Dean Hatzis positions the clamps in place.

Plus added the trim by Chicago Terminal that we left off previously.

Monday night I glued the gutters.
Tonight I'm painting them as you can see and see what we get.

Ed Nelson says, "Very good, very good."
"I like this train."

Two CNW C40-8s pulling 20 car unit coal train.

Calling it a day!

Ed Nelson gets ready to go too with a smile on his face.
BUT! before he goes we do one more thing...
We put in one strip of the LED lights for the Chicago Terminal Track Platform lights.

Here it is again, but with the overhead lights off.

Thursday, April 19, 2018
No train activity today.

Friday, April 20, 2018
I'm subbing today, but had a break and came home to widen 19th Street.
Compare and contrast these two before/after pictures...
BEFORE - lanes are pretty tight.

AFTER - now we can put in a parking lane.
See the width of the taxi?
Saturday, April 21, 2018
Before Elijah and Joshy-Boy come over today, I started working on the bridge that leads to Melrose Park downtown...

Get ready, because today will be transformational for this section.
First, I installed the bridge with proper supports.
This evening, Ben took the boys to a movie and I spent a little time on the layout.
I added the yellow do not cross traffic lines.

I added the additional lines close to the RR bridge.

Finally, I weathered the road.

I glued down the supports, put weights on top, will let it set overnight and then I will paint them gray in Week 195.
More later...keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment