Monday, December 18, 2017

Week 177

Week 177

Sunday, December 17, 2017 thru Saturday, December 23, 2017

Sunday, December 17, 2017
Started to prepare the models...
I wanted to be next to Jan and Ben so I brought my models upstairs to get them ready for building.

Monday, December 18, 2017
Train Day with Rob Fair
6-7:45pm

Rob Fair continues his work on the Proviso Yard spot lights.

Rob likes the detail-work.
Here he uses a dental instrument to get into the nitty gritty.

Here Rob is re-soldering the wire ends to the spot light

Meanwhile, I drilled holes for the LED lights I bought at the train show last Sunday.

Here you can see the LED lights pointing downward to light the entrance of Union Station.

What's on your workbench this week.
What a mess - but that's just the way it is when you're working and use a lot of tools.
Good work, Rob!

Rob Fair hung one of the lights out to dry.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017
No train activity today.

Wednesday, December 20, 2017
TRAIN DAY
with Dean Hatzis.
Jordan Osborn stopped by, but since we were still "strategizing", he went back home to work on a game with his gamer friend.

I distracted Dean Hatzis again by discussing our plans to install the ground level at Union Station.
You can see how I finished laying out the sidewalks and streets behind Union Station.

Here's a better view of the newly installed sidewalks and streets behind Union Station.
We're thinking we'll pull the wires below the plywood and then send them through one of the columns.
We also laid out the rope light and figured out how that will work lighting up the station platforms underground.

Thursday, December 21, 2017
No train activity today.

Friday, December 22, 2017
No train activity today.

Saturday, December 23, 2017
Undocumented...
I've been working on signal bridge locations on the layout and the distance between the four signal bridges I plan to purchase and use for operations on my basement layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment