Monday, December 11, 2017

Week 176

Week 176

Sunday, December 10, 2017 thru Saturday, December 16, 2017


Sunday, December 10, 2017
DuPage County Fairgrounds
Train Show today!
Here's what I purchased at the Train Show today.

My second purchase of the day was the Global 1 Office Building (listed $8 bought for $5)
Also the EZMate Bachman #5 couplers 25 pr. for $15 too good to pass up.

The last  purchase of the day as we were leaving was the #4 right hand switch and the #6 left hand switch for $20 ($10 each)
Not the best deal, but they were fundraising for a museum in Mendota, IL

My very first purchase was the APL intermodal container for $7.
Once again, I just couldn't pass it by without a purchase.
Later in the day I bought 4 LED 12V 1k olm resisters included for $.50 each.
Then I bought two sets of trucks for $5.00 each. 

From my long time vendor along the west wall I bought three sets of "pea" lights that I'm hoping will work for the yard spotlights.

Total expenditure at the train show this month was actually $69 because I forgot to add the entry fee ($7.00)

Monday, December 11, 2017
Train Day with Rob Fair & Jordan Osborn!
6-7:30pm
Rob Fair working on the Yard Spots.

Jordan Osborn and I would do some trouble-shooting of the Metra Commuter cars derailing.

Lots of problems over here.
Several places needed to have additional elevation added to the outside rails.

Rob Fair working on rewiring the Yard Spots.

Just before we left, we decided on a different strategy.
Rob will need to dismember the work he did tonight, UGH!
I said, "Ugh!" Rob said, "No problem, I like this stuff."
We're going to use the bottom two spots to light the yard.
One of the top spots we'll point in the opposite direction, and the other we'll remove.
More next week...


Tuesday, December 12, 2017
No train activity today.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Train Day with Carlos Baez, Dean Hatzis, Jordan Osborn
4-5pm

Before train day today I stopped by B&G and made some purchases.
The total purchase  price was $79.38
I'll have the breakdown later and post when I get a chance...


And then we had a  special reunion of the Train Crew
Carlos Baez and Dean Hatzis finally come together at the same time!

We had another strategy session tonight.
One discussion was how to install the top section of Union Station.
We decided on 6 - 3/4" solid doll rods for support at 4 corners and 2 centers.
The rest would be spaced evenly 3/4" PVC tubing used primarily for support and electrical channels. 


Carlos Baez also used his phone to show us an update of the retention pond he's been working on at home.
Thursday, December 14, 2017
No train activity today.

Friday, December 15, 2017
No train activity today.

Saturday, December 16, 2017
No train activity today.

No comments:

Post a Comment