Monday, October 23, 2017

Week 169

Week 169

Sunday, October 22, 2017 thru Saturday, October 28, 2017

Sunday, October 22, 2017
I continued to work on the alley scene off Kedzie Avenue

Here's the progress I made...

From last week...
I continued with painting the glue to the surface where the weeds would grow.

Next I sprinkled on the Blended Turf.

And then detail weathered the alley.

Monday, October 23, 2017
Train Day with Rob Fair and Jordan Osborn

I couldn't believe how much we accomplished tonight.

Check this out!

Rob Fair working on reconnecting Kedzie Avenue Station.
Will we be able to get this all finished tonight?

Jordan Osborn going over plans for our next Train Show.

Side Bar: What dimensions will be needed for the 294 over pass?
Here's where it will go.

Jordan Osborn at Central Control Tower.

Checking the calendar for correct dates.

Meanwhile, back at Rob Fair's project.
Clamping the walls back together.

Rob Fair has it all together.
Now we need to make sure the lights are working properly.

We had to go back to Week 142 to reference Carlos Baez original work on the lighting of Kedzie Avenue Station.

Oops, I moved. We're working on the building in the upside down mode.

We had to attach the roof first and then the lights.

Now doesn't that look way better?
I'll try to find a similar picture so you can contrast the BEFORE and AFTER shots.

The new and improved Kedzie Avenue Station.
Lights, Camera, Action!

I'm very much satisfied with this outcome.
It's what I was looking for in the correction from the original.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017
No train activity today.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017
Train Day!
Jordan wanted to stay home with Mom today.
It's okay.

At first I was going to weather the parking lot behind the buildings, so I cleared the lot and filled Western Avenue. I had to take this picture for Jordan so he could see the traffic jam first hand.

After I sent this picture to Jordan, he sent a message back to me, "Awesome"
I decided last minute NOT to weather, instead...
I made today, Kedzie Avenue Day
I have several Google Map shots of Kedzie and I took those pictures along side the model.

Let me know what you think.
Is the tower too tall?


The model is definitely too tall compared to the prototype.
I do like the adjusted building height though.
I think it's just right.
Thanks for all your hard work, Rob Fair!

Still need the chain link fence and the utility poles.

If the track were straight on the model, this would be a great comparison shot.

Another shot where we need the chain link fence and utility poles.

Not sure if I'll put the ads on the overpass.

Brick wall a bit too wide, but I'm not changing it!
We need to add the blue Metra sign.

Tower too high - by one floor.
All we'd need to do is cut out the third floor and I think it would be fine.

Looking west.

Need to make the stairwell darker on the model.

I need to paint the ceiling white.

Thursday, October 26, 2017

HEY CARLOS!
I have an idea about what to put on the south end of the retention pond.
It will match what's on the other side.
What do you think?

Here's the concrete barrier seen from the Elmhurst Train Depot side.

What's on your workbench?
This is what my workbench looked like after I finished the concrete sections shown above.
Friday, October 27, 2017
Only updating the blog today.

Saturday, October 28, 2017
My plan was to drive the Train at Kuipers today.
NOPE! It was cancelled due to weather.

So I worked downstairs before we (Jan, Ben, & me) left for Chicago to see Natalie & James and kids.

Here's what I did this morning...

First, I cut up the paper clips to use for the chain link fence posts.

You can see on the far right the first post is in place.
I will pre-drill the holes with the drilling apparatus shown on the road.

Now the rest of the fence posts are installed.

The chain link fences are 1/2" tall.
I used the edge of the table to make nice clean cuts.

Hard to see from a distance, but the chain link fence is half complete.

Same progress difference view.

Finished.

The blue tape is holding the added piece I will use as a template to cut a new fascia board.
I also cut a template for the board that angles as you keep going around the fascia.

No comments:

Post a Comment