Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Week 167

Week 167

Sunday, October 8, 2017 thru Saturday, October 14, 2017

Sunday, October 8, 2017
Just getting back from Maine today.
Resting and unpacking.
Today was the Train Show at the DuPage Co. Fairgrounds in Wheaton.
I was on the road, but Jordan and his Mom went to the Show.

Monday, October 9, 2017
Columbus Day.
Train Day with Rob Fair, I hope!
Not sure how this happened, but Rob Fair got a sliver in his finger while doing his work tonight.

Kedzie Avenue Station is still too tall so we took another 7/8" off the bottom.

Jordan Osborn chillin' at Central Control Tower.

Rob Fair using the dremel tool to cut off the bottom of the four side walls.

After the cut, we had to file down the bottom.
Tuesday, October 10, 2017
No train activity today.

Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Train Day today!
Just me and Jordan.
I did call Ed Nelson and he's moving to Streamwood so he's pretty busy right now.

Here's what Jordan and I did tonight.

I cut down the sidewalks at the entrance to Global 1.
BEFORE...

Here is a different view of the same with the debris all around.
...AFTER

Jordan Osborn taking a closer look at the construction equipment.

We measured how much more gutter material we'll need in order to finish all the curbs on Western Avenue.
Final order: 2 more packs where each pack holds four 14" of "L" gutter pieces.

Plus a cute little action video we took while working.
I tried to keep our motion secret but didn't cut the video out soon enough.
Enjoy.
Length: 00:00:05sec.

Thursday, October 12, 2017
No train activity today.

Friday, October 13, 2017
I  promised Rob Fair that I would resolder the wire to the light at Kedzie Avenue Station.

Check this out...





Now we're ready to put the building back together and light up the night!

Saturday, October 14, 2017
Due to the all day rain forecast, my shift was cancelled at Kuipers today.

Maybe I'll get a few things done on the layout.

Here we gooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

I know we should be working solely on the South Power District, but sometimes I get in my head a certain project and I just want to get it done. That was the case this Saturday afternoon. I just wanted to finish the access panel in the East Power District.

I had to remove the pink foam on the right so I could cut it with the jig saw.

Here's the look from underneath.
The one support board is attached.

Three support boards are attached and now I'm ready to install the fourth support board.

I figured out how to use my phone with a timer, so here is a series of shots showing how the access will work.
Yes, it is a bit tight.





I did it!!!

Here's a view of all four support boards in place. I used a 2x4 on the left side.

Putting it back together.
First the base floor.

Next the first layer of foam board.

Add the fill.

Then the second layer of fill.

Next the second layer of foam for the access panel.

And finally, the last little wedge I had to remove to get to the first layer of foam.
All in a day's work.
Once I glue the parts together we can close the book on this project until we begin to "scenerize"
😊


No comments:

Post a Comment