Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Week 159

Week 159

Sunday, August 13, 2017 thru Saturday, August 19, 2017

Sunday, August 13, 2017
DuPage Co. Fairgrounds Train Show today!

What I bought at the Train Show today.
total cost: $42

Breakdown as follows:
4 containers @$5 ea. but only asked for $16 - what a deal!
2 3-bay covered hoppers at $12ea total $24
6 trucks at $.25 but paid $2 only. Another great deal.

Same picture using the flash. I thought the previous picture was a little dark.
 WHAT'S ON YOUR WORKBENCH THIS WEEK?
Still working on the SD40-2 but waiting for parts. So this will be here for a while.
But I did return my laptop and now am connected to a desktop.
So now only one keyboard and one monitor.
That's all I really need.
Monday, August 14, 2017
Train Day with Rob Fair and Jordan Osborn
5:30pm-7pm

Rob Fair working on Kedzie Avenue station.
We're going to bring the roof down.


I was having some phone problems and Jordan said, "Hand me the phone!"

Jordan Osborn back at work.

I did some troubleshooting tonight.
The transformer that runs these lights was very loud.
Also, the top left light no longer was working.

Paperwork station moves with Jordan wherever he goes.

I traded out the transformer and wah-lah, the light works!

The transformer I used didn't have mounting brackets, so I had to attach my own mounting bracket.

Rob Fair meticulously taking apart Kedzie Avenue station.

I wonder what Carlos and Dean will say when they see these last two pictures?

What a mess!


Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Quiet day today for Train Day!
Carlos Baez came about 4pm followed by Jordan Osborn shortly after.
We worked on the water retention pond and called it a night at 5pm.
Jordan brought some of his car/truck collection and place them strategically around the layout.


I was surprised by Carlos' reaction to the dismantled Kedzie Avenue station.
He actually agreed the model's ceiling was way too high compared to the prototype.

The weight is in place holding down the bridge support and the corner of the water retention square.
Thursday, August 17, 2017
No train activity today.

Friday, August 18, 2017
I spent some time with James today.
Here's what we did...
In the foreground you can see what I bought from B&G Train World.

Then James got a surprise hug from his lovely wife.
It appears James didn't move a muscle when you compare the pictures.
Indeed, he was deep in thought.

Here's the breakdown in the items I bought today.
Total spent: $40.37

Saturday, August 19, 2017
No Model Train activity, but I did engineer Kuiper's Farmview RR steam train all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment