Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Week 99

Week 99
Week of June 12-18, 2016

Sunday, June 12, 2016
Tonight I worked on several projects.
I finished installing one of the switch machines at Union Station Terminal


I installed some ground throws in the West Power District.



And at the entry of the RIP tracks.



Then I began to install the Geneva Station Platform.

Here are some progression shots...

Ready for crossbar.

Crossbar installed.

Glued in place.

What the end of the platform looks like.


Monday, June 13, 2016
More work on the platform before pouring in the "asphalt".

I glued all the joints.

Platform base ready for "asphalt".


The platform trim work painted black.



I lined the trim with plastic.


Then filled with plaster of paris.

I let the plaster set overnight.

Meanwhile, I finished electrifying the installed switch machine.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016
I finished painting the ground throw directional signals (Green or Red).

Back at the Geneva Station Platform.
I carefully removed the plastic protective cover.



Then I painted the pure white plaster black.

I had to get all the nooks and craneys.

Finished product.

Overall assessment? I think it's just too black.
I'll need to lighten it up a bit.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016
TRAIN DAY!

Jordan Osborn at the controls.

 Ed Nelson working on installing another switch machines at Union Station Terminal.

 Dean Hatzis continues laying concrete at Global 1.




 Last "Pow Wow" before heading home.

What Dean finished tonight.

 What Ed finished tonight.

 I wanted to check out the mainline at Proviso Yard.
It was worth another look.



1 comment:

  1. Looking good. I read then every week ! ! ! Keep them coming !

    ReplyDelete