Thursday, April 7, 2016

Week 89

Week 89

Train Session
Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Missing Carlos Baez, Jordan Osborn and Josh Jones.

Attending are Curt Berg, Dean Hatzis, and Ed Nelson

Here's what we did tonight...

I started out at Union Station.
My job tonight was to secure the cork trackbed on the addition.

Here are the steps I took:
 First, I pushed the cars back and removed the platforms.

 Then I cut out the cork pieces to fit the addition.

 Next I prepared for the glue by removing the cut pieces of cork.
I also prepared the rolling pin and the glue gun.

 Applying the glue was next.

Then I pressed on the cut cork pieces, rolled it out and...

Put on the weight bearing jars for overnight pressure.

And one more picture (taken the next morning).

Now, back to Ed & Dean. Here's what they accomplished...

They began their work on the RR starting where they left off last week.

 Ed Nelson and Dean Hatzis carefully insert the rail connectors.

 They are getting past the switches into the Metra Cab Cleaning tracks.

 A look at the newly installed "slip" switch.

 Dean Hatzis making sure the measurement between the tracks is equal.

What's on your workbench this week?
 I tried, but failed again, getting the internal lights working on the commuter cab/coach cars.

 One last look at Dean and Ed's handiwork.

 A closer view of the switching yard tracks.

And from the other direction, a look at the Metra Cab/Coach Car Cleaning tracks.
Man that's a lot of track, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment