Sunday, December 11, 2022

Week 437

Sun, Dec 11, 2022 thru Sat, Dec 17, 2022

Sun, Dec 11, 2022

Still running Commuter Trains...

Power A3 with Commuter Train C3
Paperwork and work orders combined.

This shows the Green dwarf signal which shows
which track we arrive (Track 3).

The far dwarf signal brings them into the Terminal.

Mon, Dec 12, 2022

Train Day!
w/Rob Fair 6-8:15pm 2.25 hrs.
and Jordan Osborn 6-8pm 2 hrs.

Replenishing the Train Order Board
Time to start on a new order.

Ready to start our new session...

Having trouble with the couplers coming apart.
I tried to tape them together with electrical tape.

As you can see, the tape came off.
That didn't work.

Meanwhile, Rob continues work on the station platforms
at West Chicago West Line Station.

Before Jordan leaves he stops by to see how Rob
is doing. Making progress is what we want.

Looking good, Rob.
I will work on securing the sections Rob made tonight
with some glue and some weights.

Tue, Dec 13, 2022

I will continue tonight to secure what Rob started last night.

Gluing the "asphalt" in place.

Now it's time to wait for the weights.

Waiting for more weights on the "asphalt"
around the the station. 

Which brings me to the coupler problem discovered
on the middle coach of Commuter Train 1D.

I had to do some major repairs.
1st I had to remove the bolster washers from the trucks.
2nd I removed the couplers and replaced with Upper
Shank couplers (which drops down the coupler).

Checking the coupler connections of the middle car
to the other two cars.

Looks good connecting to the rear car.

Also good connecting to the front car.

Let's see how it runs tomorrow...

Wed, Dec 14, 2022

Quite a bit done on the RR tonight...

West Chicago Train Station Upgrades.
Next step:
Finish the station platform between the mainlines

I also added a small parking lot around the old 
West Chicago station.

Commuter Train 1D running down the middle
of Proviso Yard. When the train stopped, it decoupled!
UGH!
Duration: 00:00.31 sec.

I was going to change out the coupler, but my re-
placement couplers were too short. I left in this
coupler and made some other adjustments instead...

Maybe a dab of glue will do ya'?
We'll have to wait and see after it dries.
Duration: 00:00.30 sec.

I cut out the cork bed for the station platform 
between the mainlines.

Waiting for the Weights to do their job.

Stay tuned for more updates tomorrow...

Thu, Dec 15, 2022

I'm amazed at all the stuff that has to come out
during any projects we do on the layout.

See what I mean?

Tonight I'm going to work on some details at the
West Chicago West Line Station.

Natalie's Christmas present came in the
mail today. Thanks Natalie!

Back at the station...
Painting the station platforms from west to east.

Getting ready to install some lights.

Lights in the secondary platform.

Inside lights at the main station.

Parking Lot and platform lights.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to wire these up.

Fri, Dec 16, 2022

Working on West Chicago Station

Getting out all the tools I'll need for tonight.

All wired up and ready to check...

I noticed the light in the right shelter was off center...

You see it better in this picture.
Also, the light in the station isn't working.


I have a feeling when I bent the light fixture downward it caused a problem.
I'm going to switch out the station lights (platform/parking lot lights a.o.k.)
with a different set of LED lights.

Hopefully it will work better...

Sat, Dec 17, 2022

Some interesting changes already at West Chicago West Line Station...

Look what I found on the front porch
this morning! Natalie's 2nd Christmas
present!

So, here's the current look at WeGo Station.
I think the main station needs more lights.

Another view of the lighting affect.
Do you agree the main station needs more light?

I'm going to add some lights under the soffits.
I will be dropping the new lights down these two holes.

You can see the two new lights under the soffits
and the drop down wires.

And WAH LAH!
Doesn't that look a lot better?

Another view...

This is the total view of Light Section II.

Jan and I ran a few errands tonight and we stopped by Hobby Lobby to get this:

These are 1/8" x 1/16" I will use as platform guides.

Now to paint them a dark oak stain.

Ready for installing on the RR.

You will see these again on Monday night during our Group Train Session!



No comments:

Post a Comment