Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Week 403

 Sun, Apr 17 thru Sat, Apr 23

Sun, Apr 17, 2022

Happy Resurrection/Easter Sunday!
He is risen! He is risen indeed! Alleluia!

Before family comes at 5:30pm I'm going to drill
holes in the steel beams for the safety support railings

I also added the round Styrofoam cylinders to hide
the electrical work 

Another view.

The DVD Emily & Natalie gave me for my birthday
arrived last week. I'm going to watch it today!

It's about 60 minutes of train action.
If you like trains, you'll like this video

Live action from the DVD
Duration: 00:00:10 sec.

More live action from the DVD
Duration: 00:00:11 sec.

Mon, Apr 18, 2022

I had half a day today before TRAIN DAY! to work on the RR

I spent about 45 min. putting the 
"guard rails" up around the construction site

Another perspective...

Finished project.

And now for TRAIN DAY!
w/Rob Fair 6-7:45pm 1.75 hrs.
Jordan stopped by just for a quick update.

My train crew!

Rob Fair and I will spend the evening at the workbench.

One of the drive shafts drops out of the socket
when the truck moves too much. Need to be careful.

I think we took the frame apart 3 times during the
course of the evening.

Final adjustments being made.

Also repairing the hand rails at the front of the engine

Tue, Apr 19, 2022

I meant to get some shots of the C40-8s running on the layout.
I didn't get it last night, but I did tonight.

Take a look...

How do you match two DC locomotives?
Duration: 00:00:31 sec.

More locomotive movements
Duration: 00:00:30 sec.

Rob repaired the hand rails in the front of the locomotive

I took this picture because I liked the small light
at the bottom of the unit in the middle

Wed, Apr 20, 2022

No train activity today.

Thu, Apr 21, 20222

Prepping the Intermodal Train 2B ready for departure...

We start at the Train Order Board
Finally we begin another series with Priority Train #1

Here's Intermodal Train 2B with Power B4 ready for
dispatcher's signal at the Crossover #2 Control Point

Here are the open tracks at Proviso Yard UP WB side
vacated by the Intermodal Train 2B


And here's the Cars in Consist
updated sheet

Fri, Apr 22, 2022

My sub assignment today begins at 10am.
I took some time early this morning to run the Intermodal Train 2B

The Intermodal Stack Train 2B on the move
Duration: 00:00:30 sec.

Intermodal Train 2B on the elevated tracks 
approaching Oak Park Marion Street
Duration: 00:00:33 sec.

Intermodal Train 2B entering Global 1
Duration: 00:00:19 sec.

I forgot to Switch the Mainline switch to divergent
so when I reversed direction, it went down the mainline 
and derailed. Not good.

After dropping off EOTD car on the Locomotive Track
Pull forward than back to drop off end of Train 2B 
into Global 1 Track 5
Duration: 00:00:09 sec.

Returning Light Power back to Engine Facility
Duration: 00:00:09 sec.

Light Power arrives at Proviso Yard UP Engine Facility
Duration: 00:00:29 sec.

Bringing Power B4 into the house
Duration: 00:00:19 sec.

After Mainline Power returns, the work begins at
Global 1 taking off the trailers from Intermodal Train 2B

After coming home after subbing, I spent some time on another project.
Check this out...

I'm going to wire up the billboard lights.

I drilled the hole through the building and framework.

I had to set the billboard in place and make sure it's
level. I'm using Gorilla Glue to form a firm foundation.

Another perspective.

And now I wait...

Sat, Apr 23, 2022

Working on the billboard spotlights.

Check this out...

Here are the spotlights dangling before the install.

I'm gluing the "conduit" to the middle upright.
The mini-clothespins are holding it in place.

I attached a 3V battery to the wires and this is what
happened. The picture looks way brighter than in person.


All the surrounding lights are off.

Close up of one side...

...and now the other side.

Later this afternoon, I will try to add a resistor and connect it to a 6-9v power supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment