Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Week 377

 Sun, Oct 17, 2021 thru Sat, Oct. 26, 2021

Sun, Oct 17, 2021

Traveling to Charleston SC for vacation today.
I did see one line of cars on a spur track heading south.

Mon, Oct 18, 2021


I found an ad in the back of my recent Model Railroader magazine so we decided to stop by and visit.

And here it is!

New Brookland RR & Hobby Shop
What a find! It was originally built as a gas station by the owner's grandfather.

And here's the owner, Joe L. Rucker

And here's the goodies I bought at his hobby store.

With the breakdown...


$24.29 Realistic Water solution Scenery Industrial Park
$5.10 Plastruct Plastic Weld Liquid Adhesive for scenery
$9.89 Just Plug Landscape Lights for billboard spot lights
$8.99 1990 S Sprinter Van STCS Satellite TeleCome Security
 $29.69 Green Fish Bowl Bus "Downtown Loop"
$5.46 Tax
Total: $83.42


Tue, Oct 19, 2021

No train activity today.

Wed, Oct 20, 2021

No train activity today.

Thu, Oct 21, 2021

No train activity today.

Fri, Oct 22, 2021

Just north of Charleston was a train yard where I stopped to take some pictures.

I realize this is not a model, but it does include trains...

This yard is off East Bay Rd. which is one of the main roads that leads out of downtown Charleston.
I had to go up the ramp that goes to the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge.

It was just this one string of cars that occupied this 8 track yard.

Notice the different sizes and shapes of the box cars.
Some are tall others shorter, some longer, some not as long.

I tried to capture the flat car with 3 sets of trucks on each end.
That means it must carry very heavy loads.

I have a similar rail car on my layout.
However, I will NEVER put graffiti on any of my cars - and I don't care how realistic it looks or not.

Amongst all the cars with graffiti there's one that looks outstanding.
Not tell me, which do you prefer?

Sat, Oct 23, 2021

I drove by this same yard today and noticed a string of cars but they were different than the string of cars from yesterday. I wonder when they got switched out? Overnight?

No comments:

Post a Comment