Sunday, December 8, 2019

Week 280

Sunday, December 8, 2019 thru Saturday, December 14, 2019

Sunday, December 8, 2019

Train Show at DuPage Co. Fairgrounds

Wheaton IL

Jordan and I made our monthly trek to Wheaton to see if we could find some deals at the Train Show.
We did.
I bought a Details West box car for only $10 a MSR $35. Saved $25.
I also bought two containers for $5 each MSR $11 each saved $12.
Finally I bought a #4 Atlas right hand switch for $14 MSR $21 saved $7.
Spent $34 Saved $44.
Good deals!

Monday, December 9, 2019

Train Day!
w/Rob Fair (6-8pm 2 hrs.)
Jordan Osborn couldn't make it tonight.
Rob Fair will work at the workbench tonight.
He's trying to get a pulsing light controller to work again.

As Rob works at the workbench, I'm going to remove this switch where we think the problem occurs from last Monday.

Switch is pulled out.

New switch installed.

Meanwhile, back at the workbench, Rob puts the finishing touches on the controller.
After getting the new switch installed, we tested the trains over the new switch.
It wasn't the switch. :(

Back to the drawing board. Ugh!

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

NTA

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

I started today at the Elburn Metra Station handing out invitations to Christmas Eve Worship Services to commuters.
As I was there I noticed some details on the commuter trains that I can model.


A Metra Commuter Train approaching the station from the Elburn Train Yard.
Length: 00:00:03 sec.


Note the headlights AND the taillights are on at the same time.
Maybe having them both illuminated in DCC isn't such a bad thing.
Here's another cool thing I noticed (no, not the snow) but the cover over the coupler.
Here's my attempt to copy the prototype in a model.
Maybe too glossy. I really need to work on my weathering skills.
I also need to install the grab irons.
Always something to do!
AND NOW...

Train Day!
w/Jordan Osborn (4-5pm 1 hr.)

I installed a new switch but had to cut out the rail connectors.
So, my plan, is to reinforce the rails with nails that I will solder in place on the outside rails.
I didn't need to put a nail on the near rail, but you can see the rail on the far rail - outside.

In this picture you can see how I soldered the nail to the rail on both sides.

Jordan at the control tower sends his greetings.

Jordan and I ran a train to video for my niece and nephews in Viet Nam!
Here you go Alan, Christian, and Becca!
Enjoy!
Length: 00:00:30 sec.

Thursday, December 12, 2019

NTA

Friday, December 13, 2019

Updating the Train Project List Spreadsheet

Saturday, December 14, 2019

NTA

No comments:

Post a Comment