Saturday, September 9, 2017

Week 162

Week 162

Sunday, September 3, 2017 thru Saturday, September 9, 2017

Sunday, September 3, 2017
I went downstairs today and tried to decide what I would do tomorrow for Labor Day.

I took this picture, which will show what I decided.

I took this picture after I already started to clean up the area.
Yep, that's what I'm gonna do.
Clean up the messes throughout the layout.


Monday, September 4, 2017
Labor Day Holiday!

I did some more clean up and organizing today.

Check this out...

It's funny how one thing leads to another.
Since I had all the UP locomotives over on the other side of the layout.
To clean up the place, I went ahead and planned out the UP Engine Terminal.


Here's a mock-up of the shelf I plan to build.
Here's the clean-up effort in the East Power District.

I cleaned up Global 2 west Proviso Yard.

Another view of Global 2 at west Proviso Yard.

So many bugs. I should've taken a before and after shot.
This eventually will be downtown West Chicago.

Here's a good shot of the UP and CNW engines out of their normal locations.
There will be quite a change coming up on Wednesday.
ONE more Picture
What's on Your Workbench this week?

Trying to take care of some paperwork on my benchwork this week.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017
No train activity today.


Wednesday, September 6, 2017
TRAIN DAY today!

This will be a bit of a surprise, so prepare yourself.


As you can see, I've already moved all the CNW locomotives to their proper location.
Now I'm getting ready to build the shelf for the UP locomotives.

Start with the plywood top. Cut it to shape.

Next, we cut the 1x4s to fit the plywood top.

Secured the top.

Put in place with leg support.

Another view.

Now for the UP locomotive move.
But that will wait for another time.

Thursday, September 7, 2017
Finishing up the UP Engine Terminal
Connecting the shelf to the frame.

And now adding the locomotives.
Now for something completely different.
I'm going to carpet the Control Tower floor.

Laying out the carpet.

Cutting to fit.

Not quite finished, but added the chairs to see how it would look.
I like it.
Friday, September 8, 2017
No train activity today.

Saturday, September 9, 2017
Only train activity today was being the engineer at Kuipers Family Farm
Choo Choo

No comments:

Post a Comment