Sunday, December 11, 2016

Week 124

Week 124
Sunday, December 11, 2016 thru Saturday, December 17, 2016

Sunday, December 11, 2016
TRAIN SHOW
DuPage County Fair Grounds
Wheaton IL

I found this great deal and couldn't say no.
I spent all I had not planning on this purchase at all.
But, this is why I go to the train show.
You just never know what you're going to get.

These are the same cars I have in my current unit coal train.
I needed a couple more cars to make a full unit train (20 cars) but when I found these for $5 a piece I bought the whole lot.
11 cars * $5 = $55. Just checking my math. :)
Well, needless to say, I ran out of my monthly allotment so I didn't have any $ left for anything else on my wish list.

I'll just have to wait until next month.
This evening I decided to start working on the coal cars.


What's on your workbench this week?
Here's my starting point.
I first figured out how many couplers I had in my inventory.
Plenty.
Count them. I think there are 20 pairs.

This is my ending point for the evening.
I put together three cars.

The finished products.
Monday, December 12, 2016
TRAIN NIGHT!
Rob Fair and Jordan Osborn spent some time working on the railroad tonight.
Here's what we did...

Rob Fair working on the newly purchased coal cars getting them ready for revenue service.

Jordan Osborn getting ready to clear the tracks for the coal car test train.
Length: 00:00:41s
One of the trains Jordan had to clear was the Metra EB to Union Station.
Here he is pulling into Union Station.

Rob Fair completed three (3) coal cars and put them on the mainline for testing.

Jordan Osborn completing the unit coal test train.
Length: 00:00:47s
And here's a video of that same unit coal test train.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016
TRAIN DAY!

It was nip and tuck today.
My daughter, Natalie, went to the hospital this afternoon expecting her first child.
I decided to keep the Train Show on schedule.
However, when they arrived, I departed for the Windy City to be with her and her husband, James, and the rest of the crew (Deneuve, Elijah, Katherine, & Joshy).

Needless to say, the guys were on their own.
After I get home, I'll take some pictures of their progress and record them as our TRAIN DAY activity for this week.

Thanks for coming, Train Crew!

Carlos Baez brought some more trim board.
Dean Hatzis is going to take them home and rip them to size.
Josh Jones and Jordan Osborn came and stayed for about 30 minutes all the while catching up with the rest of the crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment