Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Week 119

Week 119

Sunday, November 6, 2016 - Saturday, November 12, 2016

Monday, November 7, 2016
Usually tonight is Train Night with Rob Fair but he was unable to make it tonight.
In fact, all of November will not work out for Rob to come.

I look forward to December to have him back.

I did a little work on the RR tonight...

Check this out:

I added black ballast to the yard in preparation for mainline ballast on Wednesday.
Wednesday, November 9, 2016
TRAIN DAY!

Present in alphabetical order:
Curt Berg, Dean Hatzis, Ed Nelson, Jordan Osborn

Absent:
Carlos Baez, Josh Jones

Spent most of the session ballasting.
However, we did do some planning at Kedzie Avenue.

Here's a look at what went on...

Dean Hatzis and Ed Nelson planning their work session.

Jordan Osborn checking his paperwork.

Dean Hatzis and Ed Nelson preparing the surface for ballasting.

A close-up of Ed trimming the cork track bed.

Dean Hatzis meticulously brushes the ballast on the track.

Jordan Osborn checking out the train layout diagram book.

Ed Nelson says, "I'm kinda busy right now, move along."

Dean Hatzis ballasted this section of track so very carefully with fine brush in hand.

After the guys left for the evening, I went down and ballasted this section of track and glued it in place.
I used a liquid glue I was given by our preschool and 70% isopropyl alcohol at about a 3:2 glue:isopropyl ratio.

Here's the same section of track from the opposite view.
I've never made it this far in any of my other model railroad.
This is a major mile stone marker for me.

1 comment: