Monday, May 23, 2016

Week 95

Week 95

begins on the first day of the week...

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Since we've started to convert the Union Station switches from manual to electronic, I had to keep making progress on the wiring game plan.

I started by connecting the common middle wires together called "daisy chain".

Here's what it looks like under the control panel:

 You can see how the white wires are the common wires.
The solids are matched with their corresponding white/solid colors.
Blue - Green - Orange (left to right)

I also ran wires from the existing power connections (the white on top and the orange just beneath) to the newly installed control switches (see picture below).
You can barely see the left end of the crossover control switches.
I connected the white wires (top) to the far left blue toggle control switch.
That is where the power would come from.

TRAIN DAY!

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 
As usual we accomplished much today.

Here we go...

 Dean Hatzis would work on the "concrete" base for Global 1.

 Here's Dean preparing the base.
In the background you see Ed Nelson converting the other manual switch machine to Union Station with an electronic switch machine.

 Ed taking a close look.

 Rob Fair came as soon as he could from work and began immediately where he left off two weeks ago. His main job is soldering the feeder wires to the track section by section. Tonight he worked on connections to the switches.

 Dean answering questions from the crowd.

 Rob Fair preparing to drill the holes for the feeder wires to bus connections.

 Ed's finished work installed and works great!

 Meanwhile, Dean continues laying the foundations for the "concrete" base.

 As Rob continues his soldering.

 Now it's taking shape.

 Waiting to trim the edges.

With the edges trimmed.

Thursday, May 19, 2016

I was so frustrated about how to wire the 7 set push button control machines.
I knew I wired them correctly at 407 so I knew it could be done.
I also knew I drew plans when I did figure out how to wire them out.
The key to cracking this case was to find those plans.

Well, I took the time to go to places I hadn't gone before and low and behold, I found the drawings.
They were in the blue crack below where we keep the paper towels.

And here's the drawing I found with all my answers included!

The switch Ed put in is now "electrified"!

No comments:

Post a Comment