Friday, May 13, 2016

Week 94

Week 94

TRAIN DAY

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Not a lot of activity during the week, but we sure worked hard tonight.

Here's what we did...

Ed Nelson (l.) would take lead on replacing the manual throw switches with electronic throw switches at the entry to Union Station on the mainline.
Carlos Baez gave some helpful hints and Ed was on his way.
In the background is Jordan Osborn at the controls.

Length: .28s
Proof of Jordan running the EB CNW Unit Coal Train


 Ed Nelson working on the switch machines and Carlos Baez working on the feeder wires at California/WeGo Yard.

 A closeup of Ed Nelson's work.

 In the meantime, Dean Hatzis working on a plan for concrete base at Global 1.

 Carlos & Ed continue on their way.

 In the meantime, Dean continue his work at mixing a batch of "concrete" for the Global 1 concrete base.

 With a little help from the engineer, Jordan Osborn.

 Continued progress with Ed & Carlos...

 More...

 Ed's progress:
Finished installing the right side.
Next week:
He'll finish the left side.

 I backed away and took a picture with a wider view.

 And again.

Dean's final mess.
We're still trying to figure out the elevations and how to properly smooth out the plaster at the proper height matching the top of the rails. Interesting dilemma.

Come back next week for a partial or full solution to this dilemma.

In the meantime, check out this weekend's activities...

Saturday, May 14, 2016
Since Ed Nelson started working on the electronic switch machines, I thought I better get going on getting some power to those switch machines.

The first thing I did was to work out a schematic on paper...


...then I drew out the diagram on the computer for easy reference...


...next, I secured the control switches on the control panel...


...and finally, I started to wire the control switches.

If you look really close you can see I daisy-chained all the common (middle connections).

Now I need to go back and wire each switch machine and switch control one by one.
I plan to use the 25 pair cable that has been under the layout for over a year.
It is the same cable I used for the two crossovers in the south and west power districts.

Should be fun!

One more thing...
What's on your WORKBENCH this week?
Here's mine.
It's what I was talking about earlier.

See you next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment