Thursday, March 17, 2016

Week 86

Week 86
Chronological Order
First of the week at the top.
Last day of the week on the bottom.
Sunday through Saturday

Sunday, March 13, 2016
Tonight I wanted to clear my workbench.
 My goal was to inspect the Commuter Cars and install the internal light bars (on the left).
I prepared for a lengthy session - 
NOTE: plate of treats & 2 hot cocoas (1 cup next to treats and another mug on shelf to right).

I accomplished my goal!
However, two of the three light bars didn't work.
I'll need to trouble shoot that for next time.

Monday, March 14, 2016
I was anxious to get the test track complete so we could begin ongoing inspections of the railcars.
This is a picture of what I'd like it to look like.


And here's what I did tonight:




 Phase 1: Prepare the base.


 Phase 2: Spread the glue

 Phase 3: Lay the cork



 Phase 4: Flatten the cork




 Phase 5: Lay the track



 Wednesday, March 16, 2016

TRAIN NIGHT!!!
Everyone present - two weeks in a row!

Check out our progress tonight:

We started out the evening at Western Avenue.
Carlos Baez is checking out Dean Hatzis and the painting preparations.
Note the side walls are up in the underpass.

Length: .52s
Running a Commuter Test Train.

 Jordan Osborn (Engineer) and Josh Jones (Conductor) running the Commuter Test Train.

Carlos Baez getting reacquainted with the underbelly of the RR.

 Love these action photos of Dean painting.
Gotta show Marianne!
                  Painting over the top...          ...under the bottom...               ...and in the hole. 

Another view of Carlos Baez working under the RR.

Length: .19s
Listen closely to some pretty funny dialogue.

 Carlos Baez trying to figure out why the two Metra/RTA Commuter Cars derail right here.

 
Dean's finished product.
Looking South.

 Looking North.

This will be our project for next week.
We need to move the slip switch and extend the track straight away from the building just off the left side of the picture.

And finally...

What's on your workbench this week?
Working on the light bar for the Metra/RTA commuter cars.
Not sure why they're not working, but we'll crack the case by next week.

I've included a link to the spreadsheet where I track the progress each week.
If you like details, you'll love viewing this link.
If you don't love details, I would not recommend you click on this link.

Link to Planning Spreadsheet

No comments:

Post a Comment