Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Week 83

Week 83

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

We're back!

However, Ed Nelson and Dean Hatzis couldn't make it tonight.
Ed was under the weather.
Dean was helping a friend finish an important project.

BUT!

Carlos finally is back on day shift and he made his first appearance in two months!

YEAH!

Here's what we did tonight...

 Carlos Baez checking out where he left off two months ago.

 Making assessment as to where we go from here.

 My MAIN MAN Engineer at the controls.
Jordan Osborn ran three trains tonight.

The first train was the Metra Commuter train.
We were checking the roof clearance at the Oak Park/Lombard Station.

 Then he ran the Amtrak train. No pictures.
Finally he ran the UP Westbound Intermodal train.
Carlos making inspection as the train rumbles by.

 Another shot of the men in action.

 We determined after running all three trains by the Oak Park/Lombard station that the roof line needs to be trimmed 1/8" off both sides.

 Carlos Baez removing the roof from the base.
Can you tell I cleaned the lens before I took this picture?

 Making the 1/8" measurements for ripping at home.

Jordan Osborn at the controls. 
Carlos working on the Oak Park/Lombard Station roof.


I liked the way this looked coming down the incline.
Next time I'll take a video to get all the action.


This weekend we took a train ride from Geneva to Elburn.
When the train approached Geneva Station, I noticed the engine was the prototype of the one at home.

Check this out:

And my model of the prototype.
Pretty cool if I don't say so myself :)

2 comments:

  1. Sure, I come back and everyone else doesn't show up..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like we need to add some details to #132 :-)

    ReplyDelete