Monday, December 11, 2023

Week 489

Sun, Dec 10, 2023 thru Sat, Dec 16, 2023

Sun, Dec 10, 2023

One never knows what one will do when it's time to go to the layout and start working.
Here's what happened today when I went downstairs...

Since I worked on the SD60M I'm gaining confidence
in working inside a locomotive. So let's go back to the
Metra F40PH and see if I can install the sound decoder.

The first thing I need to determine
is where that red wire to the engine
is going. It is either to the frame
or to the motor. Which is it?

Here's my workbench and all the stuff I need to
get the job done. BTW, I found out the red wire
goes to the motor. That is really good.

Here's the time I spent on the project so far...

Mon, Dec 11, 2023

Train Day!
Who will be here today?

Just Rob Fair 6:15-8pm 1.75 hrs.

We began the session tonight at the workbench...

Rob is boring out a hole in the
shell of the F40PH.

Making progress...

Trying to figure out how to install a DCC sound decoder.

We failed miserably.

I called Steve Fields after our session and I plan to visit him on a Friday in the very near future.

Tue, Dec 12, 2023

No train activity today.

Wed, Dec 13, 2023

Trying to find the tubes for lighting inside the F40PH locomotive.

These are the three locomotives I will bring with me
to Steve Field's home on Friday.

As I was searching for the tube lighting I also did
some reorganizing and finding parts I didn't know I had.

The reorg. I should've taken
a BEFORE and AFTER, but
I didn't.

Thu, Dec 14, 2023

I stopped by B&G Train World today to pick up a sound decoder for tomorrow's session with Steve Fields.

It's for N scale but will also 
work for HO scale. Cost:
Item: $53.10 Tax: $4.51
Total: $57.61

Fri, Dec 15, 2023

Field Trip - get it?
Hopefully I'll be heading to Steven Field's home in Lake of the Hills near Algonquin IL

Later that same day...

Well, Steve was really booked today and so I couldn't go on my field trip today.

Here's my stash of stuff I was going to bring:

Three locomotives, two decoders
some manuals, and notebook.

I called Steve and we arranged another time to come.

Our Monday Train night will be our Field Trip.

Everyone is going!

Sat, Dec 16, 2023

No train activity today.

No comments:

Post a Comment