Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Week 272

Week 272

Sunday, October 13, 2019 thru Saturday, October 19, 2019

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Train Show
DuPage Co. Fairgrounds
Wheaton IL
What I found at the Train Show today.

What I paid for what I found at the Train Show today:
Entry Fee: $7
UP Cabooses: $10
5 box cars: $20
1 weathered CNW boxcar: $10
Terminal Strip: $5
2 semi trailers: $10
1 EMP intermodal container: $7
Total Spent: $69

Monday, October 14, 2019

Train Day!
with Rob Fair (6-7:30pm 1.5 hrs.) and Jordan Osborn (6-7pm 1 hr.)
Rob Fair uses the first ever used Continuity Tester to figure out where the switch is faulty.

Jordan Osborn poses for his "peace-out" shot.

More switch testing.

We soldered a feeder wire across the faulty switch and look for the light on the continuity tester.
Success!

Even Jordan Osborn got into checking up close and personal.

Jordan Osborn calls it a night.
Began with "peace" ends with "peace".
Peace Out bro!

Finishing the night with testing power to the switches at the CNW Engine Facility.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

I traveled to B&G Trainworld today and look what I brought home...
The covered 2 bay hopper ($17.10) and the rail joiners ($4.25) plus tax $1.81 equals $23.16

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Train Day!
w/Cam Passaglia (4-5:30pm 1.5 hrs.)
Cam Passaglia was a big help today.
Let's take a look at some of what we accomplished.

The westbound Unit Coal Train passes the eastbound excursion at the raised track at Oak Park Marion Street.

Excursion running behind Unit Coal Train heading Westbound
Length: 00:00:16 sec.

Unit Coal Train heading into Proviso yard Track 1 East Bound
Length: 00:00:15 sec.

I zoomed in on the UP westbound mixed freight after it passes through Proviso Yard.

I'm preparing another long mixed freight for Cam to run eastbound with the westbound UP mixed freight train.
Cam figured out how to MU the two SD38-2 locomotives now preparing to connect to the cars on Track 2.
Two long mixed freights meet at Kedzie - one eastbound the other westbound
Length: 00:00:30 sec.

The overlap continues...
Length: 00:00:30 sec.

Thursday, October 17, 2019

I worked about 1 hour tonight on my Maintenance Spreadsheet classifying the cars I bought on Sunday. Take a look...
I classified these cars and now they wait on the test track waiting for their test run.

Here's my Maintenance Spreadsheet where I track inspections and details for each car on the layout.

Friday, October 18, 2019

NTA

Saturday, October 19, 2019

NTA

No comments:

Post a Comment