Friday, August 23, 2019

Week 264

Week 264

Sunday, August 18, 2019 thru Saturday, August 24, 2019

Sunday, August 18, 2019

I labeled the power coming into the electric grid under Chicago Downtown south.

Same thing on Chicago Downtown north.

I also ran into a slight problem a few weeks ago.
I couldn't run any DC analog engines using the "00" code on the DCS 51 command station.
So I emailed digitrax and they recommended a reset to factory defaults (directions shown here).
I followed directions and everything is back to normal!
Yeah!

Since the Traffic Signal Controllers came in this week I thought I'd start to get them mounted and wired up.
This one is on the ceiling of the electric grid under Chicago Downtown South.

And this one is mounted on the ceiling of the electric grid in Chicago Downtown North.

Monday, August 19, 2019

Jan's B-day
I like this perspective so I took a snap.

More wiring of the traffic signals in Chicago Downtown South.


Tuesday, August 20, 2019

NTA

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Oh my, you caught me snacking.

Time for our Jordan famous picture pose.
Cam is frozen in time.

Wiring the traffic signal on Canal and connecting to the same unit on Canal.

Here's the closeup of the connections.
I will eventually move these wires to the other side to make room for the short wires on this side.

See, here's a picture of the wires switched to the other side.

Eventually I will connect the wires in the blue tape in the green slots opposite the green slots with the wires connected.

Here's a picture of my workbench as I wire up the traffic signals.
I'm always amazed at how much stuff accumulates for each project we undertake.
A video of the newly installed traffic signal lights.
Length: 00:00:16 sec.

Another view of the same...
Length: 00:00:15 sec.

Thursday, August 22, 2019

SPECIAL GUESTS:
Jack & Phyllis Fischer and grandson Max
Jack Fischer taking it all in. He kept saying, "Unbelievable."
I remember these things.

A rare Jan Berg sighting.
Phyllis Fisher with Max at the controls.
He did really well for a three year old.

I wrote to David who is my supplier in China for traffic signals that the red should be on top and the green on the bottom.
He wrote back and said all his traffic lights show red on the top and green on the bottom.
I had to take a picture and send this to him to prove my point.

Friday, August 23, 2019

NTA

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Look who came to visit me on my first day as Engineer at Kuipers Farmview RR
Dad, Mom, Jan and me.


No comments:

Post a Comment