Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Week 136

Week 136

Sunday, March 5, 2017 thru Saturday, March 11, 2017

Sunday, March 5, 2017
I stopped by Lowe's on the way home from church and bought some liquid solder.
It really worked great! I could've used heat shrink, but this worked even better and was much easier.

Here's a closeup of the liquid joints.


I've labeled the resisters that will need to be attached before completing the wiring.
I already burned one unit out when I tested using 9v direct. Without resister, it blew out.
Bummer!

I've labeled the holes I drilled for each of the "high lights" in Global 1.


Another view of the "high lights".

Still another view.

And finally the straight on view.
 Monday, February 6, 2017

Rob Fair using the hair dryer to straighten one of the base tubes.

If you could see a closeup of this picture you'd see the tubes I bought from Menards today fit perfectly.

Rob Fair installing the tubes from the bottom.

We had several guests at the Train Day today.
My brother, Neal, visiting from Vietnam. That's my Dad next to him.

My Mom also taking an interst in the trains.

Josh Jones and Jordan Osborn stopped by for about 45 minutes.

Neal was taking video shots for his grandson, Landon.

Rob Fair running wires for the two buildings in the foreground.

Mission accomplished. No wires showing across Western Avenue anymore!
Thanks Rob!!!
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
TRAIN DAY!

Brought to you by Ed Nelson, Jordan Osborn and me.


Jordan Osborn completing paperwork.
We're getting our lists ready for the train show this weekend.

Ed Nelson will lay out the streets, sidewalks, curbs, and gutters around Union Station tonight.

Making progress...

Nicely done!
Next step is to cut the actual board for the section of the city above the train terminal.

Saturday, March 11, 2017
I caught up on some projects we've been working on...

Back working on the chain link fence surrounding Global 1.

Also getting the sidewalk in place on the north side of Midland Warehouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment