Saturday, February 18, 2017

Week 133

Week 133

Sunday, February 12, 2017 thru Saturday, February 18, 2017

Sunday, February 12, 2017
I'm still working feverously on Western Avenue.
Here's the daily update:

Midland Warehouse in place.

Back view with side loading dock clearly visible.

Front view from Western Avenue viaduct.
Looking north.


I wanted to put these two side by side because I wanted you to see the model compared to the prototype at similar angles. The street you see perpendicular to Western Avenue is W. 15th Place.

Monday, February 13, 2017
TRAIN NIGHT!

with Rob Fair, Josh Jones & Jordan Osborn.


Rob Fair puts the finishing touches on the AC6000.
He reattached the MTU hoses and reapplied the couplers.
We're back in business.

Josh Jones and Jordan Osborn diliberate on how to classify the incoming donation from Mark & Laura Scheidt.

Lots of cool stuff.

In the meantime, I continued work on Kedzie Avenue underpass.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017
TRAIN DAY!

with Ed Nelson, Dean Hatzis, and Jordan Osborn


Ed Nelson is cutting the brick wall that will attach at Kedzie Avenue station.

Dean Hatzis continues work on the trim.

It appears that Jordan has spotted an incoming box elder bug.
They have become our friends. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Dean fitting in a small section of trim.

Lights, Camera, Action.
Ed Nelson cut the brick (as you can see installed) and then proceeded to prepare the stone wall.
Nice work, Ed.


Dean Hatzis completes the trim work.

Ed Nelson moves on to another project.
Will the concrete street system be used, or not be used?

Another view. You can see the tray of supplies Ed needs to sort through.


Friday, February 17, 2017
I took Jan to the airport yesterday, and now I'm working on the railroad.
Hopefully I can accomplish much while I am here alone.

More details added to Kedzie Avenue underpass.
I attached the protective coat to the brick work.
I added gutters to the right sidewalk.
I also did some work on the stone walls.

It looks like the stone walls will need some extra TLC.
I like the way the light shines. It almost looks as if the whole underpass is lit.


Saturday, February 18, 2017
Whoa, 20 pics today.
I worked hard today and very proud of what I was able to accomplish.
I made a list and checked everything off.
The only thing left to do is update this blog and my spreadsheet.
Kedzie Avenue underpass is really taking shape.

Another view a few steps back.

What happened here?
I did some investigating and found out what happened.
You'll have to ask if you're interested in what I found.

Working on the incline for the road perpendicular to Kedzie Avenue.

Before placing the Kedzie Avenue tower in place I need to drill the whole for the electrical.
Do you see it? It's pretty small, because it's the guide hole for the bigger drill bit. See next picture.

I had to drill from above and below to finish the opening.

Next I inserted a straw to remove any obstructions that the exposed wood/foam might cause to the wires.

Here you can see I cut back the straw and tacked them down.
You can see the straw inserted and you can view the concrete basement floor through the straw.
 Length: 00:00:29s
This video shows how I will set the Kedzie Avenue Tower.

I have taped off the perimeter of the building.

After cutting through the black "asphalt" I removed the "footprint".

Then I tested the fit to see if I needed to trim anything.

Everything was cut as expected and fit just right.

Another view.

And still another view.
Lenth: 00:00:23s
And this shows the final setting.

This is how the straw looks coming out of the bottom of Kedzie Avenue Tower.

A wide angle view of my work area today.
It's really taking shape.
Note the yellow center lines on Kedzie Avenue?

I even wired up the outside lights (no inside lights).

And one more overview of Kedzie Avenue with Western Avenue in the background.
I'm very pleased with the progress today.


No comments:

Post a Comment