Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Week 116

Week 116

Sunday, October 16, 2016 thru Saturday, October 22, 2016

Monday, October 17, 2016
Train Night!

Present (in order of appearance): Curt Berg, Rob Fair, Jordan Osborn

What we did...

Rob Fair works on manual switch machine at Proviso Yard.

Another view.

Photogenic Jordan Osborn at the controls and new work station.

The finished manual switch machine at Proviso Yard.
Nice work, Rob.

I've been wanting to get this project done for a long time.
Finally connected the 2" track to the end of the yard tracks.

Rob Fair now at work at Union Station on the Electronic Switch Machine.
The same one Ed Nelson started last Wednesday.

A closer look at same switch machine.

And still another view.

Jordan getting out some more hand signals. 

The finished electronic switch machine at Union Station.
Nice work, again, Rob!

Wednesday, October 19, 2016
TRAIN DAY!

It was a first today!

No one showed up.
:(
Dean Hatzis gave me a call to let me know he couldn't come, but I didn't hear from anyone else until 5:15pm when Jordan called and said he couldn't make it.

It didn't stop me from working on the RR.

Here's what I did during the session this afternoon.

I finished opening the inside rail gap at Western Avenue.
I also glued on the road in the foreground.
The sidewalk base (white foam board) is also secured in place.


I reworked the Union Station switch that Rob Fair worked on Monday (picture on left).
I turned the switch machine around 180 degrees and reset the switch (picture on right).
I'm anxious to see what Rob Fair thinks about this new set up.

Why did I do this?
One of the reasons I reset the switch machine (picture on right) is to keep the electrical contacts closer to the wire feeds under the table. The wires under the table won't need to be as long as would be needed in left picture above.

Make sense?


No comments:

Post a Comment